Thursday, July 4, 2019

Not Seeing Eye to Eye


See the source image
https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.wIjdGX_ct4LpnUimIO2i5QHaEK&pid=Api&rs=1&p=0

Which general authority  had an issue with apostle Reed Smoot who was seeking re-election as Utah Senator?
a.                  David O. McKay
b.                  Heber J. Grant
c.                   B. H. Roberts
d.                  Hyrum Mack Smith
Yesterday’s answer:
A   Heber J. Grant
From the life of J. Golden Kimball:   When asked about his frequent use of damn and hell, Kimball responded, “Oh, I never intend to use them when I get up to speak, but they just come to me as naturally as singing to a bird. I’m not thinking about words; I’m concerned about the ideas and how to put them over. But those words you speak of are what’s left over from the cowboy days. They used to be my native language and I don’t seem to be able to shake them. Really, they come from a much larger vocabulary, only I’ve gotten rid of the others.”
On another occasion a good sister asked Kimball if he ever heard President Grant swear. “Just once,” he replied. “he and I were in Saint George together during the depression. It was summer, the crops were dying for want of water, the people were starving. We prayed with them for rain, but our prayers were not answered. I said, ‘It’s a damned shame!’ and President Grant said, ‘Yes, it is.’”
Richard S. Van Wagoner and Steven C. Walker, A Book of Mormons, (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1982), 143.

No comments:

Post a Comment