Monday, April 6, 2020

The Most Faithful Tithe Payers


See the source image
http://www.understandingmormonism.org/files/2008/06/tithe-tenth-mormon.jpg

During the World War II period, which country had the most faithful tithe payers in the church at 97%?
a.            The United States
b.            Canada
c.             Japan
d.            Germany
Yesterday’s answer:
A   That he would not live to be 40
Brigham Young recalled, “I heard Joseph say many a time, ‘I shall not live until I am forty years of age.’” Mary Elizabeth Rollins Lightner quoted Joseph Smith saying, “I have to seal my testimony to this generation with my blood, I have to do it for this work will never progress until I am gone for the testimony is of no force until the testator is dead.”
Joseph I. Bentley, “Road to Martyrdom-Joseph Smith’s Lake Legal Cases,” BYU Studies, Vol. 55, No. 2, Note 3, 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment